April 14, 2010

Behind the Easel



Attention to detail. This has been my focus the last couple of days while putting the finishing touches to Sheriff Hill's "Dream Portrait". In tackling such a daunting topic such as equipping youth to make life choices leading toward success and fulfillment rather than illiteracy and defeat, I have focused on the point of possibility as choices are made.It is my intended hope that this painting  would be a a catalyst for meaningful conversations and that the attention to detail would draw out dialogue in relevant ways.

 These are a few pics showing my tedious work on detail.I will show the painting only in segments these last few days before it's unveiling on Friday night. Then, after the  unveiling, I will post the painting in it's entirety along with it's accompanying artist notes. I hope we have a happy Sheriff Hill !

-- 

0 comments:

Post a Comment