November 22, 2010

Today’s food for your dream: Persist


Today’s food for your dream: Persist
“Between the dream’s inspiration and it’s manifistation, there’s going to be a lot of perspration!
John Maxwell
Passion is the bridge between these two divides. Poet William Arthur Ward suggests that the key to success is to:
Believe while others are doubting.
Plan while others are playing.
Study while others are sleeping.
Decide while others are delaying.
Prepare while others are daydreaming.
Begin while others are procrastinating.
Work while others are wishing.
Save while others are waisting.
Listen while others are talking.
Smile while others are frowning.
Commend while criticizing.
Persist while others are quitting.
And I can say is “Amen”! to that. I reworked 2 large paintings, created 15 new 11x14 pieces and began work on a new “dream portrait.”
While believing, planning, studying, deciding, preparing, working, persisting etc. it also really helps ease the pain of the push to have people in your life that encourage you onward. For this I am very thankfu. I have more than a fair share. My husband, is a steadying pillar of strength underneath me. Friends constantly feed me encouragement, sometimes intraveniously. The “regulars” at “open studio” nights are a joyful reminder that my work really does inspire.  The readers of this lttle attempt at blogging are also a source of gratitude. For all of  these, I am thankful. This thanksgiving I give sincere thanks for this journey of Durham Dreams and all it entails.
My last note: In addition to the power that passion plays in bridging the gap between a dream’s desire and  it’s realization, I’d also add “thankfulness”. 
My wonderful husband who is my rock.(Here with his sweet Mom.)
Jodi and Jerry Tucker who have held my hand, pulled me and even kicked me at times.

Peppe fluke (left) who has been an angel in preparing for the final Durham Dreams gala this spring.

Joyce Ann Cuffee-Bonilla and hubby, regulars in open studio .

Here are some of the folks I am thankful for!

0 comments:

Post a Comment