April 12, 2012

Stuffed Pockets

A page from my sketch/prayer journal.
 
 As a little girl, I loved to stuff and smuggle lustrous pebbles or shiny leaves in my pocket. Dumping them out onto my bed, I'd spill my wonder over their simple beauty. Collecting thoughts of thankfulness is a lot like that too. When we take a moment to gather up the specifics from our lives that are beautiful, and stuff our pockets, we can unpack them and pour appreciation over each. Suddenly, life just seems a little sweeter.

I am convinced that collecting a thankful heart can cure just about any angst and soften any pain.

"The thankful heart sweeps through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings! Henry Ward Beecher

If you enjoyed this post, please share it with a friend and remember to sign up for updates by email or RSS. Thanks for visiting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment