September 01, 2010

Defining Definitions

 

Addicted?
One definition of the word “addiction” is an abnormal craving. By this measurement, I confess that I am addicted.... to encouraging people in pursuing their dream. Whether it’s watching a student’s face glisten at choice words during my art class or receiving feedback over something I’ve created. I am addicted. This is my bliss. 
      Joyce Ann Cuffee-Bonilla and husband are regulars at 'open studio". She's a writer and I'm     privileged that my art has encouraged her.
Encouragement
My intention in blogging is to use it encouragement. To that end I am  beginning to write about a super book Put Your Dream to the Test - by JohnMaxwell. Here’s the plan. I’ll pluck out bite size portions of the text and offer my thoughts in response. Hopefully, you will be inspired to share your thoughts as well!
Definition
Maxwell: “A dream is an inspiring picture of the future that energizes your mind, will, and emotion, empowering you to do everything you can to achieve it.”
      This favorite from the "Dream Series" was recently purchased but prints are available. Just click the title here: The Dream Bearer

 It’s my observation that the folks who are carriers of a dream possess a certain inner spark. It’s like they have a “lightening bug in the jar of their heart.” I think his definition of a dream being an “inspiring picture that energizes” is so true, don’t you? It’s as if the dream propels the person forward - as if it possesses a life force of it’s own. I don’t intend to sound etherial. I’m just making an observation. Those individuals I know who carry a dram seem to have swallowed an “Energizer Bunny”. They just keep going...and going....and going!

 How would you define a “dream”? How do you distinguish between someone who’s compelled by their dream as opposed to simply entertaining wistful thinking? Tell me what you think.

 A give away offer!
During September I am offering a “give away” to build my blog following. If you’d like to receive a free 5x7 framable card of the “Dream Juggler”, just do these 4 things:
  1. Leave a comment on my blog.
  2. Sign up for the blog if you haven’t already. There are  ways to do this: 
  3. Subscribe to Posts
  4. *

    SUBSCRIBE NOW:





    SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner
  5. Email me your mailing address at eleattadiver@gmail.com
  6. Direct others to do same either through facebook, email or twitter.
Thanks! 
Happy dreaming!
Eleatta

0 comments:

Post a Comment