October 16, 2011

Significant Things

If you enjoy this post, please share it with a friend and remember to sign up for updates by email or RSS. Thanks for visiting.

'" Growth" by Eleatta Matted 5x7 oil pastel ($65)


Significant things take great time to grow; the power of love is their most potent fertilizer.

I created this little oil pastel about a year ago as I was in the middle of creating my DURHAM DREAMS  series. Highlighting an assortment of Durham leaders' "dreams" for their  beloved city, this body of work is comprised of a dozen 36 x 48" paintings. 


The genesis of the series was the amazement I felt as I began hearing the transformation Durham has undergone over the last 15 years. Upon holding a studio space in Golden Belt in-Downtown Durham, I became enamored at the story of revitalization.

This small work pictured above,"Growth," is a snap shot of the monumental effort, commitment and dedication.
It also became a source of encouragement to me personally, as I persevered through executing the series.

DURHAM DREAMS is now on display in the Strickland Gallery inside the American Tobacco Campus in Durham. Dreams Become Reality is a tribute to the amazing people in this unique city. The exhibit is open to the public through Oct. 31st.

The will be a Durham Dreams Reception Gala on Oct. 25th in Bay 7 from 7-8:30. Free and open to the public, all are welcome to participate in a special evening of reveling in the power of dreams when they become reality.


0 comments:

Post a Comment