December 19, 2011

Look Underneath and Beyond

" Though Winds May Blow" by Eleatta (c)mixed media on 11x14 tile $95

  I wonder what my kids will remember me for. I pray it's more than the stale "Clean your room." I pray it's the heartier things like "Love the unlovable." I hope they are quick to show empathy to their fellow human being. I hope that refrains of mercy haunt them all their days.

Several months ago I began making little paintings like this one. I wanted to capture the truth that there is always more to a person than meets the eye. Every individual has an unseen root system and an untold story. This is the biggest motivation to show compassion, I can imagine.

 "Though Winds May Blow"may be purchased by contacting Eleatta at eleattadiver@gmail.com.

If you enjoyed this post, please share it with a friend and remember to sign up for updates by email or RSS. Thanks for visiting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment