January 31, 2012

I'll Always Be True

It's February!



                     Happy Birthday to all my February friends. 

                              Did you know the violet is February's official "birth flower"?  Did you know that it signifies 
modesty, faithfulness, and love? I sure didn't, until I started this series exploring the meaning and symbolism of flowers. Here's a tidbit that's even more intriguing; during the Victorian era giving a violet to someone was a message promising "I will always be true!"

Regretfully, I do not have a green thumb and over the years I hate to admit this but I've managed to kill any violet that was unlucky enough to be called mine. So sad. It's color is so rich and beautiful! I've now vowed to only paint them instead of being the cause of their slow painful death.

This painting is sold, however, prints are available here: 
                                                                       Violet's Birthday


If you enjoyed this post, please share it with a friend and remember to sign up for updates by email or RSS. Thanks for visiting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment