February 20, 2013

Love Saves Every Day!



This charming work is by Hyoin Min from Seoul Korea
Surprise!

I love surprises! In searching for the perfect image to top off this follow-up post on Showing the Love, I came across this charming illustration from an artist in Seoul, Korea, where my husband and I lived for almost two years. Not only do I love her style, but the text says it all. Love does save the day. In fact, it saves every day.

Beyond borders

Expanding even beyond the borders of marriage, love brings hope and joy to all of our human relationships. It's no wonder why, either, because as an ancient author who penned a famous letter wrote,

 "Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud  or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance."

Takers
From my offer in Best Marriage Advice Ever I've had several 'takers'. When I promised, quite on a whim, to  visually 'translate' folk's relational advice, I had no idea how much fun it would be. You may see a couple of these images in The King and Queen of Hearts and Love Takes Time.

The most recent advice came from my friend, Rebecca, who blogs at rebeccaphill.blogspot.com was to

 "Never under estimate the power of the The 5 Love Languages."

To this I have to shout out a big, "Amen!"This philosophy simply states that we all have a 'primary language' that we most fluently understand as love.

1.) Words of affirmation
2.) Gifts
3.) Acts of service
4.) Physical touch
5.) Quality time

As promised, I have interpreted Rebecca's sage piece of advice.
It's all yours. If you like, it print it. Send it. Share it. Let it be a reminder to speak the languages of love.
'The Five Languages of Love.' Oil Pastel in Sketchbook


Thanks Rebecca, for your input!
Any one else want to share their best advice for making relationships last?
I've got my sketchbook open and waiting....




If you enjoyed this post, please share it with a friend and remember to sign up for updates by email or RSS. Thanks for visiting.

Photo credit: nyoin / Foter.com 

0 comments:

Post a Comment