October 19, 2010

Bed Head and A Kick in the Pants

The highlight of last Friday's "Open Studio" was my visit with Kelley Bryant
as he shared about his "sweet wife of 65 years."
I don’t know about you but I sure gravitate towards a tendency to blame others when my goals are not met. I’m not proud of this. It’s just fact.  My only consolation is that I know I am not alone. The problem with blame - shifting is that it never renders any power to alter situations.
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." Annonymous
John Maxwell says,If you have a dream and are not trying to live it, then the first place you need to look to find out why you’re not is inside yourself.” 
Just as I know the only person who can alter the morning mirrored reflection of a“bed head” and a pale face is ME, so too must I face the fact that the only one who can groom my dream is ME. 
This month’s “Durham Dreams” was not really finished by the “unveiling” date. It was only at about 90% completion. I wanted to point to someone to blame. I could only face the person in the mirror. The truth hurts. Ouch. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment